Friday, November 1, 2019

Kindness

Was overlooking the bayou earlier in the week... we had had storms the night before and the water levels were high. I love watching the slow waters move in the late afternoon... before the sun sets and everything has this iridescent glow to it....
As I was standing there a little girl and her dad pulled up and walked over to where I was standing. She couldn’t have been more than 4 or 5. She had Down’s syndrome.... cute little one wearing an LSU hoodie a few sizes too big and bright green leggings... she leaned over the rails to the little bridge and just smiled and smiled. I asked her if she liked watching the waters flow too... this was her answer:

“No ma’am, I like to pretend that the over flow waters are people’s hearts. If all the hearts in all the people overflowed like that with kindness then we wouldn’t have meanness in anybody”... 

Her dad said that she had had a bad day at school, and that that was where she liked to go after a bad day... 

I made it to the car before the tears started to flow... 

Makes one thing though... what a wonderful world we would have if our hearts flowed with kindness like the bayou flows after a storm... 

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1HICcnd5AecNFAIn26GkPM5cmDTvAdH_a

No comments:

Post a Comment